Sunday, May 23, 2010

A room with a view




This is the view from my hotel room in Prague! I arrived today with a minimum of difficulties, in time to meet many of my classmates for lunch at a typical Czech restaurant. We walked through a bit of the city, which is very crowded and energetic.

Prague is quite different than any other European city that I've been to. I can't quite put my finger on it; it seems . . . tighter? more colorful? It's definitely different from what I was expecting, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I will (hopefully!) not be jet lagged and I can explore the city some more, and learn more on our boat tour in the evening.

5 comments:

  1. I love the building you see outside your window. Do you know what it is?

    I'm glad you already met some folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome view! I'm glad you arrived safely. And I'm glad the iPad works there!!! Anyway, have fun, keep us updated and all us Northsiders, especially this weekend's crew, misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! Great view and you "sound" so excited about this city! I'll check in now and then!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what the building is. It seems to be a pretty typical Prague building, and it has a hostel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, beautiful pictures!I am glad you have a lovely view. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete