Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Boat ride on the Vltava River


Last night we had a dinner cruise along the main river which runs through the middle of Prague. Unfortunately it was raining for much of the evening, but our dinner was served in an enclosed room on the boat, so once we dried off from our walk over we stayed dry.


We were served shots of a local liqueur, the name of which I cannot remember for the life of me, but which starts with a B. I will likely bring a bottle of this home with me, as it's quite good, and according to our hosts is a medicinal aid as well (I could see how it is, as I felt quite warm and happy after drinking it!).


Our captain deftly navigated the, at times, very narrow river.


The rain was nice enough to take a break so we could go to the top of the boat and take some pictures, including this one of the landmark Charles Bridge.

1 comment:

  1. Medicinal? Okay. I look forward to trying some of your "medicine". Great pix, Jen. Such a great experience for you.

    ReplyDelete