Thursday, June 24, 2010

ALA Bound!

After hours of combing through the program listings and exhibitors directory, meticulously creating my schedule in the online planner (even though I know everything will change once I get there), and coordinating driving and hotels and lunches, I am finally one day away from leaving for D.C. for ALA Annual!

I'm thrilled to be able to attend this year (I consider it an investment in my future, which is how I am rationalizing going on my own dime), but I know it's not an option for many people. There are many virtual alternatives for those who can't attend but want to keep abreast of the happenings:

The #ala10 twitter feed (you don't have to have a twitter account to follow the feed! ALA attendees are posting their tweets here.)

The @alaannual twitter page (again, you do not have to have an account -- this page has lots of great links and program info being added regularly.)

The ALA Annual Facebook page

The ALA Annual flickr page, with pictures and video

And of course, this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment