Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Prague cats




I have been hunting for some artwork that I bought last year. They are just inexpensive copies of watercolors of the city, with these color-blocked cats sitting in the foreground. I bought three last year and framed them and hung them in the living room at Mom's house, where they look great. I'm moving into my own place in a couple weeks, so I wanted to buy copies for myself so Mom can keep the others. I did not expect this to be difficult, since I remember exactly the store where I bought them.

However, they are proving to be elusive. I have found two, not as pretty as last years', and with the wrong color mat, but at least I won't return empty-handed. I think I have walked through every tourist souvenir shop in the city. We did find these figurines in a store window last night, which gives me hope that I might still find the paintings.




1 comment:

  1. If you have room in your suitcase and head that way again, I'd love to have a couple of those cat figurines. Good luck on your search for prints.

    ReplyDelete