Friday, July 2, 2010

International Relations Round Table reception at Library of Congress


I am so glad that I stayed Monday night for the IRRT reception (original plan was to drive home Monday since Circe and I had to work Tuesday, but she and Jen - my carmates - were amenable to staying an extra night and leaving super early Tuesday so we could make it to work). I had never been to the LC before, and it is gorgeous. The reception was packed with librarians from dozens of countries, some in native dress. It was fabulous.



Jamie introduced me to Amy (above with Deborah) from the Richland County Public Library in Columbia, South Carolina. She lived in Granada, Spain for five years, and I think I convinced her to do the Prague program.



Amy, Deborah, and I were the last to leave from the reception - we climbed up some stairs to a viewing platform of the Reading Room, and when we came down, there were just a few LC staff there breaking down the party!



This turned out to be a fabulous thing, as we met a police officer as we were trying to find the exit, and he chatted with us for quite awhile and took us around to some non-public areas of the library.










Our new friend, William.

No comments:

Post a Comment